Due to unfortunate events (cough…cough….exams), I left this book haul till very late and now, I feel as if I am drowning in my TBR pile. And I haven’t been reading too much because exams have put me in a heavy book slump.
DAMN YOU EXAMS!!
Good news is my room got repainted, reorganised and I’M GETTING A NEW BOOKSHELF!!!
So here it is, my accumulation of books.
Titles are linked to either my review or Goodreads page.
TEEN CON HAUL
- Stresshead by Allayne Webster
- Flywheel by Erin Gough
- All Fall Down by Ally Carter
- Cooper Bartholomew is Dead by Rebecca James
- Lifespan of Starlight by Thalia Kalkipsakis
So, last month I went to Sydney Writer’s Festival and one of the events was TeenCon. It was heaps of fun and great to see all the publishers and eager readers there (photos will be posted soon). Undoubtedly, the best part was the free books! I haven’t read any of them but I promise I will get to them soon! My friends have told me good things about Lifespan of Starlight and Flywheel. I went to a panel beforehand where Erin Gough was a speaker – if only I got this book earlier to be signed.
- Poppy in the Field by Mary Hooper
- Cherry Blossom Dreams by Gwyneth Rees
- The Almost King by Lucy Saxon
- Hidden by Marianne Curley
- Broken by Marianne Curley
- Fearless by Marianne Curley
- Because You’ll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas
- Me Being Me is Exactly as Insane as You Being You by Todd Hasak-Lowy
- Love May Fail by Matthew Quick
- Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot
- 89 Walls by Katie Pierson
- The Sunlit Night by Rebecca Dinerstein
- Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
You can probably see the urgent need for a new bookshelf. I haven’t read more than half of these so I am trying my best to get out of this reading slump. I’m in the middle of Because You’ll Never Meet Me at the moment. It’s been hard for me to get into – mostly because it’s in letter format but I can tell you that the characters are fantastic!
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO BLOOMSBURY, SIMON & SCHUSTER, ALLEN & UNWIN, PANMACMILLIAN AND KATIE PIERSON
I swiftly read through End of Days immediately after it arrived and it was BRILLIANT.I absolutely loved the ending of this fantastic series. I’m going to miss Penryn and Raffe. I still need to read Red Queen but I’ve only heard 4-5 star ratings of it.
- City of Glass (TMI #3) by Cassanda Clare
- Nona & Me by Claire Atkins
- All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher
My brother found City of Glass at school and gave it me (thanks bro!) so now I have two copies of this book. I’ll probably exchange it at the local second hand bookstore. I also won Nona and Me from a giveaway at Crash my Book Party (thanks!) and All I know Now from a Hatchette giveaway on Facebook. It was my lucky month.
BORROWED – LIBRARY
- Laurinda by Alice Pung
- The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing by Various Authors and Editors of Writer’s Digest.
I’ve been seeing Laurinda everywhere and I keep thinking of it as Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. Anyone else? I haven’t read it – not sure if I’ll end up getting to it but I still have hope.
The Complete Handbook is FANTASTIC. It has everything about novel writing. It leaves nothing out including how to create 4 dimensional characters, how to reflect your setting in you characters and building intense plot lines. It’s just amazing. I’ve learnt so much reading this – it’s every author’s bible.
There you go!!!
My TBR just got even bigger and my holidays filled with more reading.
Btw, my friend just started a blog about fashion and lifestyle. I have linked it HERE. Please check it. She is seriously my saviour when it comes to makeup, fashion and hair. I’m terrible at all three. Good thing she’s my best friend.