Heads up before I dive into this tag: I know, I’ve been a really bad blogger. Lately, I’ve just been so lazy to drag my butt to create content. I’m sorry for the lack of commenting, the irregular posting and my very slow reading pace at the moment! Currently, I’m in an emotional knot. Thanks for being so patient!
I was tagged my very lovely twin in the blogosphere: Aasma @ Infinity Reads. Thanks gal! She’s super sweet and I’m indebted to her for making me smile during my most frustrating days. THANKS AASMA!
Apparently, there are rules:
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
3. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
4. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL)
THE STRUGGLE OF GIVING BIRTH TO THIS BLOG
(haha, not really. I’m just being dramatic)
It was May last year and I was in a reading heist. Seriously, I was flying through the books and of course knowing me, all I did was rave about those books to my friends and myself – what? That’s not embarrassing at all.
Anyway, I watch a lot of booktubers so that kind of inspired me to have some sort of place where I could talk and fangirl without being looked at weirdly. I didn’t like talking to a camera because I hate my voice on recording (who doesn’t) and I like writing so blogging seemed like the perfect way to go. I was going to build the blog on Blogger but I had used it before and didn’t really like it. I was going to use Weebly but that didn’t go to plan but luckily, I found WordPress (I don’t remember how) and it has been the BEST so far. I’m hoping to go Premium one day.
I started with the name “Let Us Read” and realised how terrible and unoriginal that was so I changed it to Fangirl World because it seemed appropriate.
So yeah, been blogging for a little over a year. I’m still really amateur I think and realise I need to vastly improve on my regularity of blogging and creative content.
TIME TO IMPART WISDOM
(I am seriously the last person to ask for this)
I reckon I’m till a massive newbie when it comes to blogging so my advice is probably not the best. But if you’re going to read this I’m just going to simply say: BLOG FOR YOURSELF. I think every blogger (including myself) goes though a stage where they worry about their number of followers, viewership, the amount of review copies or ARCS they receive. I’m pretty competitive so I used to always beat myself over this but now I’ve come to realise that I begun blogging for my own enjoyment. And now, it’s like this blog is my baby. So enjoy blogging, making new friends and be creative. It’s fun but difficult. But honestly it makes you even more awesomer.
POKING OTHER BLOGS
(I am going to try not to repeat Aasma’s list)
- Gina @ Behind the Pages
- Lola @ Hit or Miss Books
- Adelena @ A Page of Heaven
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer
- Ashley @ WordsweHeart
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence
Sorry, I’m honestly really tired so I’m going to break the rules and tag 6 people instead.
THIS WAS FUN!