Last week, I kind of forgot to do the weekly recap …… um, yeah…..SORRY GUYS!!!
The last two weeks have been a combination of the ‘same old, same old’ and MY BIRTHDAY!
I turned 16 and got my ‘Ls’ which is for those of you who don’t live in Australia, is pretty much my driver’s license. But I’m learning hence the ‘L’. In all honestly, it didn’t really feel like my birthday. I literally kept forgetting that fact all throughout the day until someone wished me a happy birthday. I’m pretty sure I should get an epiphany or something that I’m a step closer to independence. I mean 16 yrs old, I’m pretty much an adult, hey? But yeah, I just feel……normal.
Anyway, let’s get to this week’s recap!
- Discussion: Organising thy’s Bookshelf
I got a new bookshelf for my bday (thanks parents!!!) and so I talked about the different ways to organise all your lovelies.
- Book Review: Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot
A light-hearted and hilarious read that every Princess Diaries lover/watcher/reader will definitely enjoy!
- Blog Tour: Crystal Kingdom (Kanin #3) by Amanda Hocking
AHH!!!! So fast-paced, a hugely (is that a word?) satisfying ending, I AM HAPPY!
- HUGE BOOK HAUL
July’s book haul was HEAVY!!! Obviously, my book-buying ban DID NOT go well and now my TBR is even larger.
- Book Review: Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
It was one of those books that will seriously hook you but will leave you with mixed feelings. If you need an intriguing read, I recommend this one!
- August Photography
This month’s collection of photos which largely consisted of leaves and flowers up close. I’m actually quite proud of them. I’ve never really explored nature photography before but the satisfaction when you get the focus on point is GREAT.
- Well, not really bookish but the Doctor Who Series 9 trailer is out!!!!!!!!!! And the feels!!! OMG, the anticipation is killing me!!!!!!!! I NEED NOW!!!
- Keira Cass’ The Siren cover is also out! And it is as fabulous as usual. Whoever does these covers, I must meet and hug NOW!
- I literally just found out that Tim Burton is directing Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Now, I just know that this movie will not let me down. Tim Burton is hands down one of my favourite directors. Corpse Bride and A Nightmare before Christmas are my childhood movies and since then, I still break out singing ‘this is Halloween, this is Halloween, halloween, halloween…..’
I’ve almost finished this and it’s FANTASTIC! Australian authors never cease to amaze me because there is no doubt that we, Aussies are AMAZING! This book is such a breath of fresh air with it’s realistic romance and Aussie references.
Stay tuned because I will be reading QUEEN OF SHADOWS next!!!