After finishing Queen of Shadows I realised the tough life we readers have. It’s hard, it’s time consuming, emotionally-consuming and also damn expensive.
We really should be getting paid for this. So I made a list (because those are fun!) to point out to the mundanes out there why we are the awesomest people in the world.
The bookworm life mainly comprises of:
- Buying books (which suck the life out of your back account)
- Sore necks (the unnatural twisting of your body as you try to find a comfortable position to read)
- Waiting for the next of the series (torture, pure torture.)
- Piles of books (pretty)
- A huge TBR list (stressful)
- Another bookshelf (expensive).
- Under-eye bags (from staying up too late)
- Lots of concealer (for those under-eye bags)
- Lot’s of time with the calculator (to budget your book buying habits.)
- Anxiety (the emotional turmoil)
- Hyperventilating (the emotional turmoil)
- Snapping at people to shut up (you’re reading, they should stay clear)
- Saying ‘no’ a lot (because people are asking you if they can borrow your books)
- Less wardrobe space (let’s face it, it’s also your second bookshelf)
- A glass jar of bookmarks (#swag)
- Tons of book photography on your Instagram feed (my precioussss)
- Book news on your Facebook feed (Kim Kardashian?! Pfft, whose this chick?)
There’s a (brief?) list of your life. I was right, wasn’t I? This list could go on forever but it 9:34 pm and I want to read.