February is just starting and I was thinking, “What better time is it to do a book haul?!”
I was overseas for the majority of December and January so I can’t really separate which books I received in December and which in January. No problem, though. Books are books and I like da books!
Thank you so much to Bloomsbury, Pan Macmillan and Allen & Unwin for this AWESOME pile of books!
- Everything But The Truth by Mandy Hubbard
- Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer
- Boy 23 by Jim Carrington
- Burning Midnight by Will McIntosh
- A Corner of White (The Colours of Madeleine #1) by Jaclyn Moriarty
- The Cracks of the Kingdom (The Colours of Madeleine #2) by Jaclyn Moriarty
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1 by Laini Taylor
- Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) by Laini Taylor
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3) by Laini Taylor
- The Selection #1 by Kiera Cass
- The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass
- The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
I LOVED the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. Talk about sooooo much originality and the writing is gorgeously lyrical. I think the only let down was the ending. There was just this massive info dump that I think was supposed to be a plot-twist but there just wasn’t enough pages in the book to properly address that twist. And so the ending just felt anti-climatic for me.
I bought the Selection series purely because I own The Heir and I just needed to complete the series.
So that was two monthly book haul.
WHICH BOOKS HAVE YOU RECENTLY GOTTEN?